Friday, July 18, 2014

A Tribute to Diana: A True DD Warrior

This was a post I made today on Facebook in one of the Dercum's groups:

Not many of you would know her though a few of you would from chatting with me and a couple even luckier ones got to meet her in person. She was my sister but she was so much more than that but the one thing I want to let you all know is a year ago today we lost someone who was a huge support to our cause.


This is Diana at her clinic Paladin Physical Therapy in Cranston, RI
Diana was a PT but she could just as easily been anything she wanted to be including a doctor. She was one of the smartest people I knew. She was always fascinated by all that physiology and stuff. The stuff that used to make me sick to my stomach.

When I didn't think I was ever going to figure out my medical mystery, she took me by the hand and helped me find what I needed to. She was the first person I told about Dercum's when I finally made the connection.

After that she took it upon herself to read all she could on this disease and would actually go out looking for things that would help me. Once she called up an old college buddy that was working with ALS patients to get exercises that would be easy for me to do. This is a person she hadn't talked to in 20 years but she thought he could help. She was desperate to help me in any way she could (and not just me, any person who knew her she would have done the same for).

Diana Mullen-Rivers
She had donated time and money to any DD charity I threw at her. Being a PT and actually working hands on with people, in the 4 years that she knew about Dercum's she told any patient that she felt multiple lipomas on and described similar symptoms to look into DD. At times, she would give them my number or email.

She co-owned a business and taught classes at Boston University where she made sure that her fellow PTs and all her students knew the symptoms of DD. She felt she could make a difference for us that way.

So though her loss was much larger than all that for me, I wanted to let you know that a year ago today we lost a DD warrior but hopefully her acts have helped us all just a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete