Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Kids, Don't Make Fun of the Crazy Lady. She Just Might Be You Someday.

It started at 8:05 in the morning with my mother waking Phil and me up because I forgot to set the alarm. Phil had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 8:15 right up the street. 

I jumped up and put my feet into my trusty flip flops that were right next to the bed where I left them the night before. Phil and I hurried next door.  We were borrowing our neighbor's car and luckily I got the keys from her the previous evening so we did not have to waste anymore time.

After I dropped him off only 2 minutes late, I turned the car around and drove home to get my contacts in, throw my hair up in my always fashionable pony tail, brush my teeth, put on a bra (yes, I left the house earlier without one) and grab my purse.  At this point, my mother was just leaving the house and she stopped to say something to me of which I cannot quite remember but she definitely saw me.

I raced back up the street to pick Phil up because his appointment was just a quick one. We drove over to the center of Westwood and I went into Walgreens where it took a bit because the guy behind the counter did not understand how to adjust the price of my Nuvigil. That meant I had to wait for the pharmacist to do so. My doctor had given me a prescription plan card from Teva Pharmaceuticals and though it baffles the mind of the average pharmacy tech, it is totally worth the wait because it brings the cost from my insurance's normal third tier price of $60 to just $10.  For $50 savings I probably could tolerate just about anything.

After Walgreens I stopped by High Street Market which is the next door down in the strip mall. Actually calling the shops in Westwood center a strip mall is over selling it quite a bit. If you blinked your eyes while driving down 109 you probably would miss the entire center of Westwood.  But anyhow, I went there to get a cranberry walnut muffin because I had not had breakfast yet and I was starving. 

When we got home, we pulled into the neighbor's driveway and I went in to her house to return the keys. She and I exchanged a couple of pleasantries which ended in something like, "Whenever Phil needs the car feel free to borrow it".

To which I asked, "Just Phil?  What about me?" 

Over the years I have found that Phil must be the more likeable one in our relationship. So her response was pretty predictable and, hopefully, half joking, "Well if you need it just make sure you have Phil with you."

The rest of my morning and into the beginning of the afternoon I watched Doctor Who reruns as I worked on my blog Lumpy Louise.  Then just after 1 PM I did some sick dance moves for Phil (sick is used there in its true meaning not what it means in slang today). I did this while I ate a slice of leftover pizza for lunch.

I know you are wondering why I would do such a thing.  Let me explain. Sometimes I am just happy and break out into dance.  I dance when I get new shoes (the shoes are on my feet of course) and sometimes when I am eating something that pleases me like pizza.  I dance when I am cooking because I love to cook.  I also dance when I wear a sweatshirt with the hood pulled up because Phil thinks I look like an Ewok and not to brag or nothing, but I am pretty good at doing the Ewok dance.  I just dance, OK.  It's what I do.

This time though I came to a disappointing conclusion.  I am never going to be able to pop and lock without looking ridiculous.  This rules out certain dances moves like the Robot and the Cabbage Patch, the very two my husband was requesting me to perform.  Though this was upsetting, I sucked it up and informed him that I just have to stick with the Twist and Watusi and other more free flowing moves.  He agreed.

I am not telling you all this to bore you with the mundane details of my life.  I am just trying to make a point that there were no fewer than a dozen people who saw me. To top that off  I was only about 4 feet from my loving husband when I felt the need to show off my mesmerizing albeit slightly pathetic ability to dance. Which is definitely close enough that he should have seen it. Then again maybe I am much better than I thought at dancing and he just watched in amazement without noticing anything off kilter.

That brings us to just about 6 hours after I was forcibly awoken by my mom. At this point I decided I should get some laundry done.  As I was picking some clothes off the floor that did not quite make it to the basket (this happens much more often than I'd like to admit probably because I never quite do enough laundry and the basket sits overflowing most of the time) I was shocked to find my flip flops were on the wrong feet.  I tried to think back hoping that at some point I had taken them off and didn't waste a quarter of my day looking ridiculous.

Well, my friends, I have to admit that there was no point in which my flip flops left my feet since I slipped them on at 8:05 AM.

So let me tell you what I learned from this experience: 

First, I am beginning to think that the people in my life and possible others in public now view me as a crazy lady and when they see me doing odd things they just say to themselves, "Oh, that's just Crazy Lady Janet".

Second, feet feel so much better when wearing flip flops properly.

And third, maybe I should try my pop and lock moves with my shoes on the right feet...yeah, no.  I still can't do it.

6 comments:

  1. I was suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) since my 19 years of age. Ever since i got married i have not been able to get pregnant, so i was completely barren due to this genetic disorder. I was prescribed several Clomid Meds but couldn't see any improvement. I would basically go from one outbreak to the next. Finally, on my best friend's recommendation, i decided to try the rescue herbal remedy which are made in liquid form with natural root and herbs from Dr Molemen.Within a few weeks, I could see improvements in the symptoms.
    My Menstrual Period has been maintained to normal,I used this medicine for two weeks and after some months later i began to have some early symptoms of pregnancy, its been over a year and some months now since i used that medicine and i have successfully given birth to a child,after been childless for many years due to this PCOS Syndrome. I would recommend this medicine to my other friends out there who are suffering from PCOS to give this medicine a try.
    contact : drmolemenspiritualtemple@gmail.com) or (dr.molemenspiritualtemple@yahoo.com) or call him +2347036013351.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings to you all, i am Falcao Roland,i am broadcasting about how Dr Olori saved my life, i was infected with Genital Herpes for A year, my medical Dr told me that there i no total cure and i began to take pill to sustain my self. One day i went to see my medical doctor and i saw a lady who was extremely happy and i asked to know the reason of her happiness and she told me that she was infected with simplex HERPES disease and a herbal doctor called Dr Olori cured her with herbal medicine, i did not believe so i asked my medical doctor to know if she was truly confirmed Herpes positive before, and my medical doctor told me yes that a miracle just happened so i asked her to give me the details of the Dr so i could ask him if he could also cure mine and she gave me Dr Olori Email: droloriherbalcenter@gmail.com I contacted him that very evening and i explained my problem to him and he prepared a medicine and send to me, when i received the medicine he told me how to take it for a period of days and i took it exactly as he said and went for a medical test i was surprise to see my test result as herpes negative. I am so happy, my family and friends that rejected me are back, thank you God. I guarantee you that Dr Olori has solution to all kind of problem if you are facing any stress you can contact him via email droloriherbalcenter@gmail.com or droloriherbalcenter@yahoo.com, call +2349053311935.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Great Dr.OLIHA herbal medicine is a good or perfect cure remedy for HIV Virus, I was diagnose of HIV for almost 5 years, everyday i am always on research looking for a perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease as i always knew that what we need for our health is right here on earth though the scientist say there is know cure for this disease,on my search I saw some different testimony on how Dr. OLIHA has been able to cure HIV with is herbal medicine. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him and he guided me on how to purchase for the medicine. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr. OLIHA herbal med icine, I’m very grateful to Dr. OLIHA, reach him now on (oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com ) or you can also call him on +2349038382931.

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    9. Asthma
    10.Acute angle-closure Glaucoma
    11. Diabetes
    12.CHRONIC PANCREATIC
    13.CHLAMYDIA
    14.ZIKA VIRUS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy CDC Vaccination cards online
    +1 (901) 878-9747 Buy covid 19 Vaccination cards online
    #BuyCovidVaccineCard #covid #pfizer #vaccine #cdc #covidvaccinecertificate #buycovidcertificate #covid-19 #corona #vaccination #certification #cdcvaccinecertificate #covidcertification #corona #coronavaccinecertificate

    Buy covid 19 Vaccination cards online

    CALL/TEXT : +1 (901) 878-9747

    WHATSAPP: +1 (901) 878-9747

    Telegram: @Approveddocumente

    EMAIL : approvedocs365@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete